Shakespeare’s Sonnet Generator


When I perhaps compounded am with clay
I have seen roses damask’d, red and white
For, thou betraying me, I do betray
And moan th’ expense of many a vanish’d sight
Love’s eye is not so true as all men’s: no
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
Receiving naught by elements so slow
Making his style admired everywhere
Past reasons hated, as a swallow’d bait
Without all ornament, itself and true
Ruin hath taught me thus to ruminate
Robbing no old to dress his beauty new
        Let not my love be call’d idolatry
        If ten of thine ten times refigur’d thee




The above poem comes courtesy of Shakespeare’s Sonnet Generator. The website uses 70 of the bard's lines to generate any of 61 036 015 625 new sonnets. They replicate the correct rhythm and rhyme scheme of the original poems.

Via

Comments

Statcounter